Robert sardines in sunflower oil & hot pepper
sardines in sunflower oil & hot pepper
About the product
What can you say about sardines? Not a highly regarded fish! However… just look carefully and it is a ‘health bombshell’ in every sense, even when tinned. Here is a short list of the virtues of these minuscule fish:
- High concentration of omega 3 fatty acids. One tin contains 50% of the recommended daily intake
- High concentration of Vitamin B12. Among the highest in concentration among all food products
- Rich source of Vitamin D. This vitamin is not common in ordinary foods but is essential for building up the bones and the health of our blood system
- Rich source of protein and amino acids, responsible for building proteins in our body
- Free from ocean pollution. Being a small fish, near the bottom of the food chain, sardines eat plankton and are free of all contaminations found in bigger fish, like mercury etc.
About the manufacturer
The Robert brand is one of the world’s most famous in producing tinned sardines. It’s unique in being one of the first to preserve sardines with olive oil and not regular vegetable oils. This increases its health benefits but also, naturally, improves its taste. The fish are quite large – each tin contains only three fish. This raises its culinary and health values.
There are countless recipes. You can serve one whole Robert sardine on a toast with butter, topped with a few drops of lemon and a few slices of spicy green pepper. Or dice shallot thinly and mix with the crushed contents of a box of sardines with one spoon of olive oil and half a lemon. This delicacy will surprise you!